St. Michael and Parish Success Group
Executive Summary Report- January 2020
End of Christmas Season Greetings to one and all!
We have continued to strive over the past years to become the parish God desires us to be. In the many years of Fr Mike’s pastoring our community, we have undertaken different efforts to grow; in faith, in our community and in our efforts to share the Good News. In recent years, we have once more picked up the baton and continue running the race, seeking a path that would assist us in our desire to hand on our faith to each other and generations to come.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2
Please see our most recent efforts below in the timeline of activity.
- March 30, 2019: Parish Leadership Day of Reflection led by John Rinaldo (PSG)
- May 24, 2019: Phase 1 90 Day Contract ratified
- Jun-August 2019: Parish Success Group Phase 1 monthly visits with Pastor, Deacons, Staff, Pastoral Council, Lay Corporators, Committee Leads to assess and develop strategies for St. Michael Catholic Church growth and development of our mission efforts.
- September 12, 2019: PSG Phase 2 began, a 9-month contract ratified committing to recommendations submitted
- Overall Recommendations for moving forward:
Phase 2 of coaching process, based on all the data that has been collected via interviews, statistical reports, committee meetings, and other sources, Parish Success Group recommended that St. Michael consider the following next steps/goals:
- Develop an effective strategic planning process and system to develop and track parish goals and priorities. This includes a staff re-organization process as well as the development of a leadership team to assist the Pastor in his canonical role as leader and shepherd of the parish community
- Development of strategies to engage families with school aged children
- Development of a warm and hospitable parish community with an emphasis on connecting parishioners into the life of the parish
- Emphasis on the enhancement of the Liturgical experience
- Intentional efforts on communication and accountability
- October 8-10, 2019: PSG consultation introduced staff organizational change
- Nov 9-10, 2019: PSG administered Parish Vitality Survey
- December 10-12, 2019: PSG shared Parish Vitality Survey results with staff and Pastoral Council
During this month the staff organizational change was initiated
- January 4-6, 2020, PSG consultation and St. Michael Parish Town Hall.
Please continue to support, encourage and join us in these efforts.
St. Michael Town Hall Presentation by John Rinaldo :